Tips and du'as to help raise our children to be a responsible Muslim
Do you have a problems in raising children especially to raise them remain in Islamic ways or want them to have a strong faith?
Here are a few tips which should help you in raising your children as a responsible Muslim:
1. Practice Islam as best as you can at home; for children learn what they practice at home and not what you preach to them;
2. This means that you all should be diligent in prayers and observing Islamic manners in speech, actions and behavior with one another;
3. Enroll him in Islamic activities organized in your community where he will be interacting with children of his own age group;
4. Do not completely shut him out from tv or any other pastime; rather control the time and supervise him while he is watching and try to wean him away from them gradually by giving him other lawful alternatives: Try to make him busy with activities that keep him interested - activities that are beneficial for him;
5. Enroll him in sports or games where he will be interacting with other children of his own age group.
As for du'as, you may offer the following:
Rabbanaa hab lanaa min azwwajinaa wa dhurriyyaatinaa qurrata a'yunin wa ij'alnaa li al-muttaqeena imaaman
(Our Lord, grant us in our spouses and our children eh joy of our eyes, and make us models for people who are God-fearing)
Rabbi ij'alnee muqeema al-ssalaati wa min dhurriyyattee rabbanaa wa taqabbal du'aai
(My Lord! Make me steadfast in observing the Prayer - and also my children, our Lord.)
Allaahumma aslih lee fee dhurriyyattee
(O Allah! Make righteous for me my children.)