12 ways to become a Muslim with strong self-discipline
A Muslim who has strong self-discipline will seen in their daily affairs whether when they are working, prayer or other activities. 24 hours a day for a Muslim is a time to applied self-discipline into every activity. A good Muslim is a Muslim with a strong self-discipline.
Below are 12 ways to become a Muslim with strong self-discipline:
1. Worshipping Allah, keeping in contact with Him and submitting to Him. That is done by paying attention to doing obligatory acts of worship well, and cleansing your heart of any attachment to anything other than Allah.
2. Reading Qur’an a great deal, pondering its meanings and seeking to understand it.
3. Reading useful religious books that describe the ways of treating and cleansing the heart.
4. Attending educational programs such as classes and lectures.
5. Making good use of your time and using it to do things that will be of benefit in both worldly and spiritual terms
6. Not indulging too much in permissible things and not paying too much attention to them.
7. Keeping company with righteous people and looking for righteous companions, who can help you to do good. Those who live alone will miss out on a lot of the characteristics of a good brother such as preferring others to oneself and being patient.
8. Trying to act on what you learn and put it into practice.
9. Checking closely on yourself.
10. Having confidence in yourself – whilst relying on Allah – because the one who has no confidence cannot act.
11. Despising yourself for not doing enough for the sake of Allah. This does not contradict the things mentioned above. Man has to strive hard whilst still thinking that his efforts are not enough.
12. Practising withdrawal or isolation as prescribed in share’ah. You should not mix with people all the time, rather you must have some time which you spend alone, in worship as prescribed in Islam.
- roemasa's blog
- Add new comment
- 766 reads