Some tips to avoid gain weight during Ramadan
Most people do gain weight during Ramadan. Ramadan is filled with all sorts of potential bad eating habits. Of course one does not need to follow the bad eating habits during Ramadan, but it is the easiest (and often the most enjoyable way) to spend the month.
Here are some trouble points during Ramadan that you can work on now and try to continue into the months after Ramadan is over.
1. Eating late at night. This can often cause an increase in weight gain. Try to eat your main meal at Iftar, refrain from eating any sweets or larger additional meals after iftar, and then have a good size suhur in the morning before fajr.
2. Don’t eat all your meals with large groups of friends and family. It is much easier to eat too much when one is eating with a group of people and chatting and having a good time. Make sure at least some of your meals are peaceful and perhaps even eaten alone or with immediate family only.
3. Eat Suhur. Many people skip suhur like they skip breakfast during the rest of the year. This will slow down your metabolism for the day and will make it difficult for you to lose weight.
4. Reduce consumption of sodas and coffee. These beverages will cause you to gain weight. Even “sugar free” beverages are not safe. Studies show that, in fact, “sugar free” beverages cause you to gain more weight because of the way your body reacts to the chemicals in them.
5. Reduce consumption of sweets. When you are offered baklava and other wonderful Ramadan treats take small portions or eat only half the portion that was given to you. People often serve very large portions during Ramadan. You don’t need to avoid the good foods completely – you just need to moderate them.
6. Eating a heavy Iftar. If you eat a large Iftar and then feel tired afterwards and sit and rest you will gain more weight. It is better to eat a light iftar and then take a walk afterwards. Or to eat your soup and some dates, do your prayers and then come back and have a regular size meal. A walk after that is perfect.
- roemasa's blog
- Add new comment
- 482 reads