Tips to introducing Prophet Muhammad to non-Muslims
In Muslim countries, celebrating the Prophet's birthday (maulid Nabi) is a routine event. The Prophet's birthday celebration (maulid Nabi) is usually filled with a narrative about the life of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, and we got some great lessons from that event.
But how we suppose to do if we live in a non-Muslim country and want to introduce the Prophet, peace be upon him, and his message of mercy to the Muslims as well as non-Muslims?
Here are some tips from Sheikh Ahmad Kutty to help us introducing the Prophet, peace be upon him, to non-Muslims :
1. Organize seminars and lectures and invite non-Muslims; and let the lectures focus on the beauty of Prophet's character and examples as a compassionate and a caring person who earned the love of all: men, women and children;
2. It is important to offer free foods or refreshments and give the people opportunity to ask questions: Speakers should be chosen carefully for their grasp of the subject and power of delivery;
3. Get good books on the Prophet, peace be upon him, and distribute them widely; here is a short list:
- Tariq Ramadan's in the footsteps of the Prophet
- Yahya Emerich, Life of Muhammad (critical lives series)
- Karen Armstrong: Muhammad, a Prophet for our time
- The Eternal Message of Muhammad by Abdel Rahman Azzamm
- Message of the Qur'an by Muhammad 'Asad
4. Finally, see if the public libraries are equipped with the above books; if not, convince them to get these books.
5. Last but not least, let the beautiful traits of Prophetic character shine in your life and behavior.
Reference : Islamonline.net
- roemasa's blog
- Add new comment
- 316 reads