Few Tips to Prepare During Ramadan
The month of Ramadan is highly honored by Allah, His Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as well as Muslims throughout generations.
Allah Almighty says,
And now Ramadan is only a few days ahead, what should we do to prepare Ramadan in order to get benefit from this month.
Below are a few tips to prepare during fasting in Ramadan from Sheikh Ahmad Kutty:
1. We should empower ourselves by learning as much as we can about the precise laws as well as the benefits of fasting.
2. We should ensure that we gain true benefits from our fasting, let us make sure to realize the spirit of fasting: this can only be done by abstaining, not only from food, drink, and sex, but also by strictly restraining our minds, hearts as well as our eyes, ears, hands, tongue, and so on.
3. We must embrace the spirit of fasting as stressed in Hadith: to be charitable and compassionate as much as we can.
4. We should strengthen our relationship with the Qur’an; for Ramadan is the month of the Qur’an.
5. We should engage in dhikr and condition ourselves to make it second nature.
6. Last but not least, we should build up our community through acts of charity and compassion and extending help to those in need as much as we can.