Watching Youtube Video on Drupal 5 Site
YouTube is the most popular video sharing site on the web. If you have a drupal site and you want to embed video content on your site so people can watch directly from your site, what can you do?
In drupal 5 you can use some methods to embed youtube video in your content. I found this article here, not detailed but I think it may be useful.
- Embed code within nodes. By far the easiest and most flexible way to integrate YouTube videos on your site. Just copy and paste the embed codes provided for each video player into the node body. Make sure that your input format is set to 'Full HTML' or the player will not appear when the post is saved.
- The asset module. The asset module can connect to your YouTube account via the YouTube API. This allows you to access lists of uploaded videos and favorites which you can then insert into posts directly from the Drupal administration interface.
- The embedded media field module. Embedded media field is a multi-purpose embedding module that supports images, video and audio. The video part supports YouTube and a wide variety of other video sites.This module allows you to create a field using CCK that will accept the link to a YouTube video and automatically convert that link to an embedded video player in the node.
Embed code within nodes
I start using this method few months ago and it not working for me. It could be problems with WYSIWYG editor when handling input format. But you can try it because it would be the easiest.
Using asset module
I think its not what I am looking for so I am not trying this method.
Using Embedded Media Field Module
I try this method and it works.
Follow this steps to install and configure the module:
1. Download Embedded Media Field Module
2. Upload to your hosting directory /public_html/modules/
3. Configure and enabled this module in your drupal site: /administer/site building/modules/
4. To put this module works go to : /administer/content management/content types/
Choose specific content type that you desire to add field (Blog entry/story/page) then click Edit -- Manage Fields -- add field
5. Then add a group name( can be anything like- Video)
6. Once add group then add the actual field by selecting "add field" option
7. After this process is complete, go to create content and select "blog entry" or the content type that you added the field and you will see the new fields added "Video" for instance.
8. Copy and paste the embedded code from youtube site.