28 Keys to Happiness
The following are tips for the attainment of happiness as offered by Sheikh `A'id Al-Qarni (The author of La Tahzan / Do not Be Sad Book):
1. Know that if you do not live within the scope of today, your thoughts will be scattered, your affairs will become confused, and your anxiety will increase. These realities are explained in the following hadith:
"When you are in the evening, do not expect to see the morning, and when you are in the morning, do not expect to see the evening."(Al-Bukhari)
2. Forget the past and all that it contained. Being absorbed in things that are past and gone is sheer lunacy.
3. Do not be preoccupied with the future because the future is in theworldof the Unseen; do not let it bother you until it comes.
4. Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be firm. Be sure that in proportion to your worth, the level of people's criticism rises. Also, make good use of criticism in discovering your shortcomings and faults, and let it drive you toward self-improvement.
5. Have certain faith in Allah the Almighty and perform good deeds; these are the ingredients that makeup a good and happy life.
6. If you desire peace, tranquility, and comfort, you can find it all in the remembrance of Allah the Almighty.
7. You should know with certainty that everything that happens, occurs in accordance with divine decree.
8. Do not expect gratitude from anyone.
9. Train yourself to be prepared for the worst eventuality.
10. Perhaps what has happened is in your best interest, even though you may not comprehend how that can be so.
11. Everything that is decreed for the believer is best for him.
12. Enumerate the blessings of Allah the Almighty and be thankful for them.
13. You are better off than many others.
14. Relief comes from one hour to the next. Indeed, with each difficulty there is relief.
15. In both times of hardship and ease, one should turn to supplication and prayer, either patiently contented or thankful.
16. Calamities should strengthen your heart and reshape your outlook in a positive way.
17. Do not let trivialities be the cause of your destruction.
18. Always remember that your Lord is Oft-Forgiving.
19. Assume an easy-going attitude and avoid anger.
20. Life is bread, water, and shade; so do not be perturbed by a lack ofanyother material thing.
(And in the heaven is your providence and that which you are promised.) (Adh-Dhariyat 51: 22)
21. Most evil that is supposed to happen never occurs.
22. Look at those who have more afflictions and be grateful that you have less.
23. Bear in mind the fact that Allah the Almighty loves those who endure trials with steadfastness, so seek to be one of them.
24. Constantly repeat those supplications that the Prophet(peace and blessings be upon him) taught us to say during times of hardship.
25. Work hard at something that is productive, and cast off idleness.
26. Do not spread rumors and do not listen to them. If you hear a rumor inadvertently, do not believe it.
27. Know that your malice and your striving to seek revenge are much more harmful to your health than they are to your antagonist.
28. The hardships that befall you atone for your sins, if you show patience.
- roemasa's blog
- Add new comment
- 286 reads