Why is Palestine so special for Muslims around the world?
Why is Palestine so special for Muslims around the world? Some of us may be asked like that.
Why is Palestine so special so Muslim around the world condemns the military aggression that done by Israel and Muslims giving a big support to the Palestinian people in Gaza?
There are some reasons why Muslims around the world consider Palestine so special to them:
1. Palestine is precious for Muslims first it is where the sacred mosque called al-masjid al-aqsa (Baitul-Maqdis) resides.
Some of the significance of Baitul-Maqdis in Islam are:
- Baitul-Maqdis in Palestine was the center of Isra’ and Mi`raj of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). In the Qur'an Allah says: Glorified be He Who carried His servant by night from the Inviolable Place of Worship to the Far Distant Place of Worship the neighborhood whereof We have blessed, that We might show him of Our tokens! Lo! He, only He, is the Nearer, the Seer. (Al-Israa' 17: 1)
- Baitul-Maqdis in Palestine was the second Mosque established on earth after Al-Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah. In the Hadith, Abu Dharr said: "Once I asked Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) what was the first mosque established on the earth; he said “Al-Masjid Al-Haram.” Then I asked him: then, which mosque? He replied: “Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa.” I then asked him what was the time period between the establishment of the two mosques; and he said: “forty years." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)
- Baitul-Maqdis in Palestine was the first Qibla (direction in which Muslims face when praying). The Muslims faced towards Baitul-Maqdis when praying during the entire Makkah period of Prophet Muhammad's (peace and blessings be upon him) life and for the first 16 months of the Madinian period, after which Allah ordered the Qibla to be changed towards the Ka`ba in Makkah.
- Prayers in Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa are equivalent to 500 times the Prayers in any other mosque except for Al-Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah and Al-Masjid An-Nabawi (the Mosque of the Prophet) in Madinah. In the Hadith Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Prayers in Al-Masjid Al-Haram are equivalent to 100,000 Prayers, and Prayers in my Masjid (in Madinah) are equivalent to 1000 Prayers, and Prayers in Baitul-Maqdis are equivalent to 500 Prayers." (Reported by at-Tabarani)
2. Secondly, Palestinians have been living for centuries in the land, along with Jews until they were forcefully removed when the state of Israel was established; now 80% of the land is occupied by Israel and the remaining 20% is in the hands of Palestinians, but even in this tiny space they are under siege; it is no different than an iron-cage.
So like everyone else in the world, Palestinians have a right to dignity and freedom and human rights. The world needs to recognize the fact and work for a solution to the problem that is just and fair. That is the sure way to peace. War can never solve the problem. Let us therefore face the reality.